Kabod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kabod

Hello! Welcome to Kabod's forum. This is the place where Kabod members can share amazing testimonies with one another, interact with one another and have fun here. I hope that by creating this forum, we can strengthen the unity of being part of Christ.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Matthew 7:15 - 29

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Samuel N.
Admin
Samuel N.

Male Number of posts : 359
Job/hobbies : The study of slacking by slacking
Humor : I'm a bummer in humour
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Matthew 7:15 - 29 Empty
PostSubject: Matthew 7:15 - 29   Matthew 7:15 - 29 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:50 am

Today, Monday September 15 9:19am
Yesterday (Sunday September 14), I saw something very discouraging. If you would like to know more, remind me frequently until Saturday, so that I may share it.(Because I kinda have short term memory) I felt so sad and angry at the same time. Mixed emotions. This morning, I prayed to God, asking him to let me find an answer of why, why, why was it like that.

I opened up the Bible, and it was in the book of Matthew, and the part that I read was A Tree and its Fruit (Matthew 7:15-24).(NIV version)

It started, "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
(NIV version)

And I find that this is true. The things I saw, was totally, everything wrong. That is why I felt that it was totally degrading and sad for those who listen to those things as the truth.

From Matthew 7:24-29, this part encouraged me and I should share with you.
It talks about the wise and foolish builders.
It talks about the wise builder building his house on the rock.
The rock is our Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior.
We should build our foundation upon His word and do what He wills for us.
Firstly, God's Word was meant to show us how to live and also to protect us.
Some people may say logical thinking is better and that the Law that protects us is illogical - But I beg to differ. For instance, revenge. Revenge usually comes from unforgiveness. And when your mind is filled with revenge, your emotions take over, anger and many more. When these emotions take over you, they manifest and soon your thoughts are filled with destruction against (for instance) a particular person. And then, when your emotions get the better of you, you may do something rash.
God's Word is very important in our lives. It protects us, shows us how to live and teaches us many things we would never understand if we didn't read it at all.
Secondly, God's perfect will for us is really amazing.
An example is Pastor Benny Prasad. For more information you can refer to this website - http://radioverve.com/infobase/artist/benny_prasad
Furthermore, Pastor Benny travels to many countries to spread the Good News.

I also realized that I was like the foolish builder. My comfort zone was - Procrastination. How I loved to bum around every time and wonder what to do, and when people asked me how was your holidays, I would say that it was horrible. I guess that I should pull my act together and start doing something that pleases God.

From Romans 16:17-20 and Matthew 7:15-24

These chapters, The Lord and Paul warns us of false prophets from outside the church and those who preach false teachings inside the church and cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching that you have learnt.

Heed Paul's advice. Be wise about what is good, and innocent in what is evil.
Back to top Go down
https://kabod.forumotion.net

Matthew 7:15 - 29
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kabod :: Kabod Cellgroup :: Testimonial Classroom-
Jump to: