Kabod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kabod

Hello! Welcome to Kabod's forum. This is the place where Kabod members can share amazing testimonies with one another, interact with one another and have fun here. I hope that by creating this forum, we can strengthen the unity of being part of Christ.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dota Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Samuel N.
Admin
Samuel N.

Male Number of posts : 359
Job/hobbies : The study of slacking by slacking
Humor : I'm a bummer in humour
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Dota Guide Empty
PostSubject: Dota Guide   Dota Guide EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:11 pm

Guide by double kill

http://www.dotaportal.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33354

Strygwyr, the Bloodseeker

Item Build:

1. Blood Bath
2. Strygwyr's Thirst
3. Blood Bath
4. Strygwyr's Thirst
5. Strygwyr's Thirst
6. Rupture
7. Strygwyr's Thirst
8. Bloodbath
9. Bloodbath
10. Bloodrage
11. Rupture
12. Bloodrage
13. Bloodrage
14. Bloodrage
15. Attribute Bonus
16. Rupture
17-25. Attribute Bonus

Explanation of Skill Build:

1. No explanation required, this is the only way to build Bloodseeker since the insane buff to Strygwyr's Thirst.

Item Order:

Chicken
Tangos & Circlets/Branches
Boots of Speed
Complete 3x Bracer
Eaglehorn
Complete The Butterfly

Explanation of Item Build:

1. Agility is by far the best stat for Bloodseeker. Because his Bloodrage increases only his base damage, and base damage can only be increased via direct +Agility items, the Bloodseeker is not that interested in traditional +damage items such as Monkey King Bar or Buriza. Just as every point of Agility for Stealth Assassin is worth 2 points of damage (1 damage from the natural +1 damage from getting +1 Agility, and 1 from his Backstab), so, too, is every point of Agility worth 1.8 damage for the Bloodseeker (1 damage from the natural +1 damage from getting +1 Agility, and .8 damage from Bloodrage). The Bloodseeker's "thirst" (I can't believe I actually wrote this in the original guide, lol) for Agility is reflected in the item build, with a quick rush to The Butterfly.

Radiance is also a good item for him, however it is skipped for several reasons. First and foremost, I try to avoid getting Radiance on any Heroes that I can because it is such a popular item these days for so many other Heroes. Though Radiance is arguably better in some situations (such as chasing) and is less expensive, The Butterfly does so much more for the Bloodseeker. The +%60 IAS is desperately needed for a Hero with high damage but no attack speed modifiers. The Butterfly also offers signifcantly more +dmg than Radiance (+84 vs +60), and the extra Evasion is absolutely, positively key for a Melee Hero (much less so if Bloodseeker were ranged) who has NO built-in survivability skills such as Windwalk, Blink, Disable, etc. Bloodbath is simply unreliable.

2. After The Butterfly, the build is pretty much wide open, and it will completely depend upon your matchup. Some sort of +HP item is often needed, so:

HP items - Heart, Hood of defiance, vanguard

are all possibilities depending upon the matchup. Lean towards Heart of Tarrasque vs lots of disables and spellcasters, but get Hood of Defiance if you are doing poorly. Satanic is better vs. Agility/Strength Heroes, but is very expensive so settle for a Vanguard if you are doing poorly. Also,

Maelstrom, Boots of Travel, Radiance

are good follow-ups.

Lane Choices: Do not request a solo lane with Bloodseeker. Like nearly all melee Agility Heroes, he is weak early game and cannot handle 1v2 lanes, and struggles in many 1v1 lanes. Avoid going to the middle lane, as your main early game skill requires that you be able to last hit creeps to regenerate hit points. The top or bottom lane will be fine for him on either side, so long as he is not solo.

Final Words: Agility, Agility, and more Agility is the key to success with Bloodseeker. Read WidjayaMan's guide for many insightful tips on how to use all of Bloodseeker's skills to their best effect. Thanks to Testing-123 for making me realize why Vanguard is a bad early game item for Bloodseeker, poor guy does absolutely nothing unless you get his first item ASAP.
Back to top Go down
https://kabod.forumotion.net
Samuel
Member (Top 10 forum poster)
Member (Top 10 forum poster)
Samuel

Male Number of posts : 146
Job/hobbies : Student..
Humor : HAHAHA
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Dota Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dota Guide   Dota Guide EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:57 am