Kabod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kabod

Hello! Welcome to Kabod's forum. This is the place where Kabod members can share amazing testimonies with one another, interact with one another and have fun here. I hope that by creating this forum, we can strengthen the unity of being part of Christ.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

words that hurt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
changyi
Member (Top 10 forum poster)
Member (Top 10 forum poster)
changyi

Male Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : my job is to study. guess what it is
Humor : i got no humor
Registration date : 2008-09-25

words that hurt Empty
PostSubject: words that hurt   words that hurt EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:26 pm

sometimes we speak words of hurt, maybe saying things that bring a person's reputation down, or to discourage that person. really, our mouth, can do more harm to a person than beating up that person. they say time heals the deepest of wounds, that is correct. but when we use words of hurt against someone, and when that someone is affected by it alot, that person might suffer from emotional trauma from it.

and also, i have been thinking about how we use the same mouth to worship God to even discourage someone, or to even bring down a person's reputation such as gossiping about that person. i'm not saying that i dont do it but its just for asking yourself " am i really living for God? i speak words of encouragement to this guy at church but do i do it outside? " here's a verse : John 16:1. it says: I have told you this so that you would not go astray. yes, if u refer to it, it doesnt refer to the thing i am talking about. but it got me thinking. have i done things to others that i shouldnt? have i done things against God? here i leave u with a question.
have u done things that have brought down a person's reputation? have i done things that have been against God? have i said things to people that have hurt the person?
Edit by ShunJi: Some more verses to prove.

'With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.' - James 3:9-12
'Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. - Ephesians 4:9

Last edited by ShunJi on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more verses)
Back to top Go down
Samuel N.
Admin
Samuel N.

Male Number of posts : 359
Job/hobbies : The study of slacking by slacking
Humor : I'm a bummer in humour
Registration date : 2008-09-08

words that hurt Empty
PostSubject: Re: words that hurt   words that hurt EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:41 pm

The words that come out from our mouths must always be evaluated. Comments that hurt, insult, etc... Are what we are saying useful? Many thoughts have to come before we open our mouths. I won't deny that I shoot my mouth off, and I really have to change. For instance, if you were talking to your boss or teacher, each word and sentence would be evaluated before you say it, unlike when talking with friends. So, this is a lesson learnt for me. Many times, I have faced lots of nonsense because of my sarcastic and insulting comments.

That is also why the Ten Commandments says Honour thy Father and thy Mother, because mum always told me, if you got nothing better to say, don't say it. Additionally, she also says don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
Back to top Go down
https://kabod.forumotion.net
ShunJi
Discipler (Counselors)
Discipler (Counselors)
ShunJi

Male Number of posts : 163
Job/hobbies : Mathematics and Science
Humor : There's a tumor in your humor
Registration date : 2008-09-09

words that hurt Empty
PostSubject: Re: words that hurt   words that hurt EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 12:06 am

I agree when there are times when we did not think through what we are going to say, then we said it. That is a problem which I faced, I only knew the problem only when Jeffrey pointed it out to me at Sec 2 when I made some unwholesome comments which are deemed as 'normal' to Non-Christians, but it is not right as a Christian.

Sometimes it is better to shut up than to say something which is so unedifying just like what Wei Yan said in our Kabod soccer match.

Still, we know we got tendencies to get angry, at those situations, I would recommend you not to even speak as only words of offense will proceed out from your little but deadly organ, the tongue.

More or less, my views are similar to the views of Big Sam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

words that hurt Empty
PostSubject: Re: words that hurt   words that hurt Empty

Back to top Go down

words that hurt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kabod :: Kabod Cellgroup :: Testimonial Classroom-
Jump to: